Dating coquitlam bc
Coquitlam's geographic shape can be thought of as a tilted hourglass, with two larger parcels of land with a smaller central section connecting them.Southwest Coquitlam comprises the original core of the city, with Maillardville and Fraser River industrial sector giving way to the large residential areas of Austin Heights, colloquially referred to as "The Bump" due to its high and flat plateau topography.
The concept of a town centre for the area dates back to 1975, and is intended to have a high concentration of high-density housing, offices, cultural, entertainment and education facilities to serve major growth areas of the region, served by rapid transit service. Coquitlam Town Centre is currently undergoing an update of the Town Centre plan.The young municipality got its first boost in 1889 when Frank Ross and James Mc Laren opened what would become Fraser Mills, a 0,000, then state-of-the-art lumber mill on the north bank of the Fraser River.The District of Coquitlam was incorporated in 1891.Over the next two years, several contingents of French Canadian mill workers arrived from Quebec, and Maillardville was born.Named for Father Edmond Maillard, a young Oblate from France, it became the largest Francophone centre west of Manitoba.
The Coast Salish people were the first to live in this area, and archaeology confirms continuous occupation of the territory for at least 9,000 years.